B-SIDE: MEET IESHA ELLWOOD – OUR FINAL 2022 NEXT LEVEL SPONSORSHIP ATHLETE!
- by Gillian Stovel Rivers, MA, CFP®, CEA
- August 28, 2023
Meet Iesha Ellwood – our final 2022 Next Level Sponsorship Athlete!
- How long have you been doing CrossFit? What got you started? I’ve been doing CrossFit for about 5 years. I was invited by my friend Julia Lane.
- What aspect of our core values of authentic, driven, and inclusive do you relate to the most? Why? Inclusive, because everyone makes me feel like I’m part of the team.
- What do you most look forward to when you come to the gym? I look forward to seeing my friends and doing my favorite exercises (plate hops and step-ups).
- What is your favorite memory at CrossFit? Doing the competitions and everyone cheering me on.
- What advice do you have for someone who’s on the fence about starting CrossFit? You should try it, it helps build confidence
- How has your experience at CrossFit improved your life outside of the gym? It’s helped me with my balance and made my muscles really strong
Thank you so much for being one of our Next Level Sponsored Athletes this year, Iesha!
Keep gettin’ it!
To raise more funds in support of The Special Olympics Canada Foundation, this year, CF24 will run at dozens of gyms across Canada on Saturday October 14th!
Registration has already opened, as has Surround’s fundraising efforts for this amazing cause, including THREE more Next Level Sponsorships for Special Olympics Athletes from across the country.
CF24 is always such a blast, we hope you can join us, or perhaps donate to Gillian’s participation on behalf of Surround by clicking here! More participation details available by visiting CF24.ca or just ask Gillian! Thank you, and our athletes thank you too!